Thursday, February 14, 2008

I’M GOING TO THE REUNION by Steve Savage "King of the Beasts"


FRIENDS FOREVER: Mike Midgette; John Gonzalez; Eddie Kain; John Sullivan and Leroy Humphries April 2007 Kagnew Guard Group Reunion, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

THE CLOCK OF LIFE
Anonymous

The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
To tell just when the hands will stop at late or early hour.
Now is the only time you own; live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still.


I’M GOING TO THE REUNION
by Steve Savage "King of the Beasts"

I put off attending the Reunion because I had other things to do;
Now I’m saddened I didn’t go to see old friends I knew.
Looking at last year’s photos of those who chose to go,
Makes me long to be there with them at the Barbecue, Banquet and Show.
Why wasn’t I there to share the memories of our times now past;
With our dear departed brothers at the Reunion that was their last.
I put off attending the Reunion because I had other things to do;
Now I’m happy that I’m going to see friends both old and new.
I’m not going to miss this Reunion; that’s a promise I’ve got to keep;
So I can laugh and joke with folks like me before my Final Sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I said good by to Eddie Kain with many tears in my eyes but happy that I got to give an old friend one last hug at last year's reunion.
There are no guard towers where Eddie is now but I know that he is on guard for all of us now.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the guys again this year.

Dan Neels