Friday, September 15, 2006

IT IS THE QUESTION THAT IS THE ANSWER by Steve Savage "King of the Beasts"

Related image
             WHO AM I?
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time – T.S. Eliot

August 1973, at age 36, I experienced what is now popularly termed “Cosmic Consciousness” in the presence of two witnesses. Because the “Experience” was so profound, I have been driven to read every word of 1,000’s of books, scriptures, esoteric texts, ad infinitum, including the Tao Te Ching, The Mahabharata translated by Krishna Dharma, Ramayana, The Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam, Brahma Sutras, NAS Bible, Upanishads, Vedas, The Nature of Consciousness: Structure of Reality by Jerry Wheatley, Kabbalah, Science, Philosophy, Metaphysics, Scriptures of every faith, Histories, Biographies, Genetics, Nanotechnology, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence studies, etc., indefatigably, unrelentingly, for more than 46 years, seeking answers as to what it was that I had experienced. There was no time to write a book of my own. To what end; to cast pearls before swine? Nothing else has occupied my life except the Quest. Of the 1,000's of books that looked for me, were read by me, a select few have given names to, and are in agreement with, the elements of the "Experience": 1. "Cosmic Consciousness" by Maurice Buck 2. The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad;  3. Proverbs 8:22-27; and 4. "The Wisdom of the Vedas," by J.C. Chatterji in which I was amazed to discover an exact description of the Unitive Vision, the Third of Eight Major Spiritual Experiences in my life in Part I, the chapter titled "Waking Up." Perhaps it was necessary to have read the teachings of the “herders of other men’s cows,” those “Blind who lead the Blind,” who, desiring to be known and adulated, have shown their egocentric delusions to be in stark contrast to the cogency of argument put forth by Bucke and the Vedanta. If you are one who has been baptized in the “fire,” are on the Quest, and know the Truth when you hear it, keep in mind that only he who has walked the Path knows the Doctrine. I can assure you that I know the Doctrine. Who am I? I am Who, The Thinker, who first asked the Eternal Questions!

No comments: